The NACEDA Summit is the place
where community development association professionals share strategies to advance prosperity in lower-income communities. We're partnering with Georgia Advancing Communities Together (Georgia ACT) to bring the summit to Atlanta on October 23-25. Together we will explore:
Shown above: Atlanta mural by Ashley Dopson.
- How community development associations are increasing the capacity of community development nonprofits — and what we can we learn from each others’ successes and challenges;
- Federal policies and programs, including the EPA’s Environmental Justice Grant Programs — and how community developers can maximize the benefits to historically disadvantaged communities;
- State and local policies and programs that improve community prosperity — and what associations can learn from them to serve their states or regions;
- The results of the 3-year study of community-based development organizations by NACEDA and the Urban Institute — and how we can use the results to increase the resources, capability, and adaptability of these local nonprofits;
- Atlanta’s community development story — and the projects and people that bring it to life.